Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I’m still alive!!!!

Have no fear. GS is still here! I started a post last Friday about our Fun Friday day at school. It was a particularly busy day so I thought I’d share some of the things we did. Unfortunately, I only got it halfway finished Friday night and never got back to it over the weekend. I’ll finish it soon and get it posted! We love Fun Fridays!

The Chef and Guitar Boy were out of town this past weekend and Middle Man spent the night with a friend, so I used the time and space with fewer people around to do some cleaning around the house that I’d neglected because of our weekly visits to the pool. It’s hard some things done when you go to the pool every Saturday. Imagine that!! So I did some cleaning and then our weekly-pool-teacher-group decided to get together at Grandma Sandy’s house Saturday afternoon to let the kids play and the grown-ups visit. It was great fun.

Last night was our Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences that last until 7:30. I had 17 out of 19 parents come! Most of my students had both their Mom and Dad come which I thought was great. Of the 2 students whose parents didn’t attend, one of those Moms must have just forgotten (despite a reminder note) because she’s always at the school and is very involved. I’m not sure what happened with the other parent, so I’ll have to give her a call.

In case you’re wondering, The Spoiled Little Princess and her mom both came. The SLP was decked out in a strapless dress, little sandals with heels, and jewelry!! Oh my. Her mom thanked me for my patience with her daughter because “she is an only child and gets too much attention and only wants to have her own way at home, too.” Well, go figure. ha!

I have a wonderful class and wonderful parents this year which of course always leads me to ask myself the question: “when will there be a knock at the door with a new student with yet another story?” I’m a little gun-shy after Special’s arrival last year at Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Special, I see her every day. She runs to give me a hug in the cafeteria most days and ALWAYS blows me a kiss. Last year she started this thing where she wanted to jump on me and kiss me on the cheek so I started a thing where we each blow a kiss and “catch” the other’s kiss at the same time. Much better.

Gotta run. The Chef is home from taking Guitar Boy to school which means it’s time for us to leave.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

Glad to have a new message from you so that we know that you are still alive and breathing. I do not know how you do all the things that you do on a daily basis and still keep the household going and the classroom running smoothly! Wonder woman, for sure. We all enjoy reading your messages and look forward to seeing them!! welcome back.