Friday, July 29, 2011

thoughts

It’s my first Sunday night in many Sunday nights that I’m anticipating the beginning of a new school year tomorrow. I’m in a new place, in a different role and don’t have a clue what to expect. Middle Man just came in here and said, “Mom, I’m gonna pray for you tomorrow. I know you’ll have fun.”
Thank you, Middle Man! I know you will, and I hope I do!

Am I nervous? Not really. Not yet, at least. I’m sure I will be at some point tomorrow. I guess I’m trying to figure out what exactly I DO feel. I’m so very thankful to have a job in this sweet little town that is now our home. I will be working in Kindergarten where The Boss will be a brand new little K student. I’m beyond grateful to be in the same school with The Boss. My past 7 years at my beloved TBE afforded me the luxury of seeing my elder 3 children each and every day.

Tomorrow I start a new job. A new beginning. There is a purpose in this and I can’t wait to see what God has in store. I’m so curious!

Last weekend the girls and I were able to see some sweet friends from TN that were in this area to celebrate a special family event of theirs. I will blog about it soon. (I hope!) They are the kind of folks that you feel like you’ve known your whole life. It was so wonderful to see them. We talked nonstop. When the girls and I left, I had to squeeze back the tears. It’s hard to say goodbye and suddenly in that moment I felt, finally, that I was saying a goodbye to not just them but all of my friends and family in West TN.

There are so many things I’ve wanted to blog about over the summer. Middle Man’s birthday, Kindergarten Jumpstart for The Boss, our new church and home, Peanut’s church trip, Guitar Boy’s Band Camp experience, the fact that there is a pear tree in our yard. I am presently choosing to ignore the fact that I found a snake skin underneath the bucket of pool toys right by our back porch so don’t expect a blog about that. I hope to be able to post about all of those things. But not the snake skin. The move seemed to consume the summer!

But as I lie here in bed, anticipating a new role, new environment, new friends, new everything....I’m thinking about our family friend, Susan, who has been in the fight of her life and I can’t even imagine what thoughts fill her heart and mind tonight. Go read her words and lift her up in prayer with me.



No comments: