Monday, December 6, 2010

The sickies, green beans, and Christmas cookies


Last week ended with Dogos being sick.



Bless her sweet heart!

I thought it was the stomach bug but when she only threw up once and had a really high fever, I began to suspect that maybe it was strep. So Friday morning, it was off to see the Dr.



You can see how thrilled she was to be there.
(and apparently even her hair was in protest! ponytail gone WRONG)

Still a high fever and a really red throat but the strep test was negative so the verdict? something viral

The rest of the family spent Friday and Saturday nights participating in our church’s Live Nativity. Grandma Sandy didn’t get to attend this year because Dogos was sick.
I’m disappointed I’m not able to include any Live Nativity pictures from the weekend. It is really a neat experience and a beautiful scene. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to!

Saturday afternoon The Boss and I made sausage balls.


By Sunday Dogos had been fever free for 24 hours so we all went to church.
By the time we got home she was pretty pooped, as you can see....


...so although she was feeling better, she clearly was not yet 100%!

While Dogos was resting under the dining room table, The Boss was enjoying green beans from the Farmer’s Market that she snapped this summer!



She was less than enthusiastic about eating the green beans until she was reminded that she was the one that snapped them.
I will now congratulate myself for quick thinking on my part. She was so proud of her beans that she ate them all and there were no tears or threats involved. Whew!!

Sunday afternoon the girls and I made Christmas cookies.



Yes, I even made the dough myself! Anyone who knows me will be justifiably shocked!




After a bath and a little rest, Dogos perked up and was ready to help.





When the recipe said it would yield 80 cookies.....


....it wasn’t kidding!!

It was a fun, busy weekend. I’m sad my Dogos was sick, but I did enjoy the time with her while the others were at the Live Nativity.
Today she was as good as new. I’m thankful she’s better! There are many parents in this world that aren’t able to say that about their children for many reasons.

Happy Monday! The countdown to Christmas break is on!

1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

hope that you have some of those wonderful cookies when we come up there.