Monday, January 10, 2011

Smocking update and Snow Day!!



First of all, let me start off by saying that I realized I hadn’t posted a pic of my smocking progress in quite a while, so......



....there you go!
I’m almost done. I just have to add some cable flowers inside the big diamonds. I haven’t worked on it at all since a few weeks before Christmas. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish this dress and continue work on the matching dress for The Boss.
I’m really excited about the sewing lamp my parents got me for Christmas! Smocking is so fun and my new lamp should make the process even easier.

I’m also really excited about taking a class later this winter to learn how to construct a bishop.

In my last post, I mentioned that nearly all of our area was under a Winter Storm Warning and we were expected to get a possible 5 inches of snow.
The good news is......

...my “year-round-tree” brought us good luck once again and we got 3-4 inches of snow!


Now one thing I haven’t mentioned is that last Thursday my father-in-law, The Gentleman, fell and broke his hip and has been in the hospital since his surgery Friday night. Because of the predicted snow-fall and The Gentleman’s hospital stay, my mother-in-law, The Pastor, came to spend the night with us!





I just love these pictures of Dogos and The Pastor from last night!
(sorry the last one is so blurry but I loved it so much I just had to post it!)

Three years ago this very month, after Dogos was born and I had to go back to work, The Pastor and The Gentleman kept her until school was out in May.
It just about killed me to have to leave her on school days and I will never be able to put into words how grateful and blessed I was that her grandparents could care for her in such a special way.
I loved knowing that she was in their loving arms and under their very vigilant care.
Every time Dogos gets so excited to see her grandparents I’m reminded of those newborn days she spent with them and I’m thankful all over again.


Finally, after waiting all day long, it started to snow!


It snowed throughout most of the night and the children were so excited to get outside to play this morning!!
In fact, since they could hardly wait and unbeknownst to me, Peanut got the little girls ready to go outside while I was in the shower which explains why.....


....Dogos was wearing a coat that’s too small as well as no gloves.
At least for the moment, Dogos didn’t care so I decided not to care either!


Middle Man was obviously excited!




Early on, one of the older kids left a message for The Chef.


Not sure what # Dad they intended to bestow upon him.
I’m assuming it’s #1!
(it was probably Middle Man...by nature, he tends to leave out important details upon occasion.... bless him!)


Favorite activity of the day for the 5 and under set?



Notice that Dogos’ boot fell off AND that she’s not even wearing a sock.
Rest assured that at that point Grandma Sandy snatched her up, took her inside, and clothed her with the proper snow attire.


Isn’t my Peanut pretty?


For the rest of the day, I decided to make homemade Chicken and Dumplin’s.
(and every time I make C&D I’m reminded why I don’t make it that often but mercy me....it is good!!)
Tomorrow is another Snow Day, The Pastor is here, and tomorrow I hope to make some homemade sauce for lasagna.

Good night all!

1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

smocking looks good. LOVED the pictures in the snow!! looked like a lot of fun and just too cute. loved the NO SOCK!! made me laugh.