Friday, May 25, 2012

End of school year odds and ends

Great news.

Middle Man’s team won the kickball championships!!


Before the game, they are READY!





And they’re off!!!!!



The Chef and Dogos came to cheer our team on.
The McAttacks won with a 7-2 victory.
I’m sure it had everything to do with Dogos’ enthusiastic cheers, don’t you?



A week or so ago we had our AR bowling field trip reward.
I was the teacher in charge and we took 68 students that had earned between 100-149 AR points to the bowling alley for a few hours of fun bowling.



I was particularly excited that Middle Man earned his points in order to go. 



In fact, his point level was 147 and he waited to test on another book because he didn’t want to go over 150 points and have to go on a different field trip since I was going on the bowling one.
Wasn’t that sweet?






Here is Middle Man with 4 of my own students.
Aren’t those some handsome faces?



Here is another one of my students and one of my favorite people ever.
She looks like she’s really upset but she isn’t.
She had just had her first bowling turn and was shocked to have knocked down every pin but 2.






Victory!!!
She was so excited.
Love, love, love this girl.

It was a great morning of bowling!!



In other end-of-the-school-year news, take a look at what Dogos brought home on her last day of preschool.



This is a personal “Memory Book” that Dogos’ teacher made for each of her students.
Yes, that’s right.  
A personal memory book for each.   and.  every.  student.

Y’all.  I can’t begin to tell you how much this book means to The Chef and me.  It is full of picture after picture and page after page of Dogos participating in various activities related to each unit of study.  It has pictures of her with her daddy, grandmother, and me from her various programs.  It is just the most dear thing!
And even better?
I found out that not only did her teacher do this for each student, but every teacher did it and she’ll get one next year, too!

In other news, we recently celebrated The Chef’s birthday.
The celebration didn’t occur on his actual birthday, and because of that fact, Middle Man decided to make him a gift.  According to him, “Dad can’t just have a birthday and not get something!  That would be terrible!”

Soooooo, he decided to make him......



.........a cardboard guitar!!!

I had no idea he was doing this.  He was at The Pastor’s house for a while and when I walked over there he said, “Mom, Mom, Mom, for Dad’s birthday, I made him a guitar out of 2 cardboard rectangular prisms, also known as boxes.  I’m gonna play him a song for his birthday.”

I’m so serious he said that.

Now, I know I’m his Mama, so I’m supposed to think he’s smart and creative and all of that.
But folks?  He really is smart and creative!
He surprises me all the time.
Now if only I could get him to keep up with his lunchbox and shoes......



And because I’m still in love with my chickens, of course I have to include a picture of them, as well as mention the fact that they are learning to eat other stuff besides just chicken feed. 


They are 10 1/2 weeks old and will soon be old enough to be able to free range some on their own without my watchful eye.  In the meantime, we go outside for “chicken time” for an hour or so every evening.  They absolutely love it.  When they hear us coming, they run to the coop door and wait to be let out.  They love sunflower seeds and thought this watermelon rind was, well, interesting.  I’ll keep offering little healthy treats to them throughout the summer to ensure that we get some beautiful, healthy eggs once they are old enough to lay!


Our summer is off to a GREAT start!!

I hope yours is, too!

No comments: