Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It’s a BIG day at Grandma Sandy’s house.....Updated!!!!


***Updated


After the glorious discovery of 3 eggs earlier today, Grandma Sandy cleaned out the hens' coop really well, as a reward for such good behavior.

After The Chef got home, he headed down to the coop to figure out a temporary make-do spot to put the nest boxes.
And just what do you think he found?
2 more eggs!!!


For a grand total of 5 today!

I’m most happy that “the girls” knew to go to the coop to lay their eggs. After all, it was in the afternoon after they had been out for a while.  I would’ve expected them to lay their first egg under the fig tree or stairs to the pool deck, or any other common place you’d find them in the afternoon.  But these 2 girls must have trotted their happy little selves down to the freshly cleaned coop, scratched out a little nest in their clean pine shavings, and left a surprise for us all.   I figure that’s a great start! Hopefully getting them to lay in the nest boxes won’t be too difficult.
UnLESS they were just trying to prove me wrong for accusing them of not being very smart!

Can’t wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
Eggs? 
No eggs?
We shall see!  :)

2 comments:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

loved the "freedom run". that is too cute. you better look under that fig tree, bet there is an egg under there!!!
the brown one looks just like my pet chicken "tiny". she would come up to me for me to pick her up and she loved sitting in my lap and being petted just like a little puppy dog. how many people can say they had a pet chicken when growing up? I loved my daddy, he put up a fence around 3 trees and built her a little shelter to get into so she would be protected.
the queen

Anonymous said...

Yay for eggs!!!!