Monday, November 4, 2013

This Kid

Today I’m thankful for this kid.


This kid, right here.  

Middle Man.

This kid is funny.  Hysterical, in fact, and he doesn’t try to be.  
Except when he does...and then it’s not that funny.
When he’s just himself, he’s hilarious.
But that’s part of what makes him this kid.

He’s smart.  He thinks so deeply that it blows my mind.  He makes connections across curricular areas that really do impress me.  I know I’m his Mom, but I’m also an educator and educators are usually their children’s most harsh critics.  
His expressive language skills are well-developed.  He speaks figuratively in every day language.
This kid is smart, deep, expressive, and intelligent....except when he’s not.
This kid will lose his shoes 8 times a day.
This kid will have a pair of socks in his hands when he enters a room and when he exits it, moments later, the pair of socks will have  “miraculously disappeared into thin air.”
But that’s part of what makes him this kid.

This kid is the middle of 5. 
Not an easy place to be.
In that space, you’re always either outgrowing the younger 2 siblings or trying to catch up to the older 2.
He’s often caught in between, and for the most part, he juggles it well.
Except when he doesn’t.
Sometimes his frustration gets the best of him.
But he reigns it in, and makes amends.
It’s part of being this kid.


Thank You, God, for this kid.







1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

love me some middle man. He is so clever, unique and adorable. so much fun to be with even if he cant find his shoes, or socks or whatever he had 5 minutes ago. He is very sensitive and is concerned for others most of the time. He is smart and so cute !! I repeat, I love me some middle man.
the queen AKA mimi