Friday, November 1, 2013

November.
My favorite month.


The month in which we pause to consider our many blessings and to offer our thanks.

The month in which bloggers attempt to blog every single day.

Quite a lofty goal for Grandma Sandy, but I’m gonna give it my best shot.  
I did pretty good last year, until we all got the flu.  
This year, I’m not off to a great start, considering the fact that I’m actually writing this post at 6am on the morning of Nov. 2, but plan to cheat and alter the time and date of when this will post so it will appear as if I blogged on Nov 1.  But I consider it to still count, since I did think about blogging last night.  I gave myself a pass because after the week I’d just endured, I was so tired last night I was unable to form a coherent thought.

So, today, on the evening of this very first day..ahem... of my favorite month of the year I am thankful for the end of a very long, exhausting, stressful week that included 2 field trips...whew... a greatly anticipated and well-prepared for formal observation/evaluation at school that got cancelled at the last minute...are you kidding me?!?....Trunk or Treat at church...yay...and a very long faculty meeting that made my brain hurt....can you say data analysis?

I am most thankful for the week’s end and the weekend ahead of us.
I’m thankful for the month of November when we are intentional about pausing to consider our blessings and to offer our thanks.

It’s November.
And I couldn’t be happier!



1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

welcome to NOV. your birth month.
Blessings abound and we all need to pause and say THANKS for all that we have. The sun reflecting on the water is streaming in my window this morning and it is a beautiful sight!!