Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend



Easter weekend was full of fun and activity.

The Chef and I went to the noon service at our church on Friday. It was our church’s turn to host the community church service and the sermon was delivered by a pastor at a local Baptist church. I was eager to hear him preach because many of my friends attend this church and have spoken about what a dynamic preacher he is.
The sermon was wonderful and it was the perfect way to continue worship after Maundy Thursday the night before.


Saturday morning began with a pancake breakfast, pictures with the Easter bunny and an egg hunt at the church.



Now I must say that this year’s Easter bunny was unique for several reasons....




As you can see, this year’s Easter bunny had a unique sense of humor but perhaps the most unique thing about this year’s Easter bunny is the fact that.....



Grandma Sandy is his mother!!!

Yes, that’s right. Guitar Boy was the Easter bunny this year!



The events that preceded the picture above were hilarious and I wish I had them on video but since I don’t I’ll do my best to explain.
As we were walking into the front of Memorial Hall to have our picture made, Dogos took one look at the Easter Bunny and literally climbed up my leg and began to have a total freak attack.
It went something like this:
Dogos....no, no, No, NO, NO NONONONONOOOOOOOOO!!!
Me.....It’s ok, Dogos, it’s Guitar Boy, it’s Guitar Boy, it’s Guitar Boy!!!
Siblings......It’s ok, Dogos, it’s Guitar Boy, it’s Guitar Boy, it’s Guitar Boy!!!
Dogos.....NONONONONONO!!!!!!!!
Me.....QuickGuitarBoytakeoffyourbunnynose.
hurrytakeitofftakeitofftakeitoff
Guitar Boy, sans bunny nose......See, Dogos? It’s just me!
Cue Dogos’ brain explosion as she tries to process what is happening before falling out laughing.
Peanut is missing from the picture because she was off with a friend and we couldn’t find her.
Oh well, 4 out of 5 is pretty good, I’d say. ha


Next up? Egg Hunt!

The young children hunt eggs on the playground while big kids hunt out front. It’s safer that way!



And they’re off!






This sweet little girl is one of both my little girls' best friends.
Isn’t her outfit to die for?
So stinking cute.
I was also so proud of Dogos when she looked in her friend’s basket and upon the realization that her friend didn’t have many eggs, gave her some of her own.
If you’re like me, you want your children to be loving and kind towards others and when they actually are, unprompted, I’m always proud as well as more than a little surprised! Haha


Saturday afternoon, the younger 4 went to Lala’s house to dye Easter eggs while Grandma Sandy packed some boxes.






Middle Man can never resist an opportunity to be a little silly.

Sunday morning we got some treats in our Easter baskets.
(sorry no pics)
When Dogos woke up and walked into the den she said, “Hey, what are those baskets for?"

After church services we took some pictures of the kids.

Here are some of my favorites.











Easter weekend was fun.
Pancakes, egg hunts, Easter treats, good food and time with family.
We missed our Pawpaw but to think that he celebrated Easter at the feet of our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Wow.

Happy Easter to you all.

1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

enjoyed Easter with your family on here. All are precious children and it looked like a busy time.