Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Risen King


I saw a link to this clip on youtube early Saturday morning.

How Great Thou Art was one of my grandmother’s favorite hymns.
I listened with tears rolling down my cheeks and chills up and down my spine.
I haven’t listened to or sung this hymn in a while and I was struck by 3 things.

The words are simple yet amazingly beautiful.

This girl was singing to a God that she knows and loves deeply and I think the whole audience including me could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit as she sang.

This is our first Easter without our Pawpaw.
He is not with us but he IS with his risen Savior and Lord.
He IS at the feet of Jesus singing praises to the King of Kings.




We do serve a great and mighty God!

1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

SHE really can SING!! and is beautiful too!!