Monday, May 17, 2010

T's birthday



The birthday celebration was fun. I totally pulled off the homemade lasagna. As in, I couldn't even believe that I made it! Which is pretty shocking considering the fact that I almost screwed it up at least 3 times.
The recipe is supposed to make 2 trays. I got 2 trays, but the 2nd was really skimpy on the sauce part. I froze the 2nd for an emergency pull-out-of-the-freezer meal for the kids. I labeled it "T's birthday lasagna...the screwed up tray." No way I'll be able to confuse it with something else with that label. I'm a genius. Now if I could only figure out how to make german chocolate cake like my mother-in-law.

This is the last week of school. I cannot wait to be home for the summer with my children! One of the main reasons I became a teacher was so I could have the same hours as my children. 4 days and counting...

I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this summer. I've been so conditioned the past 6 years with having to keep a strict schedule at school that I know I'll function better at home and be more productive if I set some kind of loose schedule for myself.
On the to-do-list are the following:
  • finish organizing house
  • get back on the treadmill immediately
  • smock
  • possibly learn how to pleat and construct a bishop
  • visit the Farmer's Market a lot and freeze vegetables for winter
  • cook/freeze casseroles
  • learn how to use the monogram feature on my sewing machine
  • learn how to applique
  • win the powerball
  • stop listing things now because I'm already running out of summer just thinking about it

THE END for now

No comments: