Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why am I Grandma Sandy?

If only I knew the answer to that question. I am not a grandma and I hope I won't be for a very long time! Grandma Sandy is a play name that my very imaginative 4 year old daughter gave me. When we went to my parents house for spring break in March of 2009, M suddenly started calling me Grandma Sandy out of the clear blue. She was 3 at the time, and made up play names for all of us. Grandma Sandy kind of stuck as well as Dogos, the name she gave my 2 yr old daughter (who was 16 months old at the time.) M only calls me Grandma Sandy when she's playing pretend, but Dogos is a (very strange) permanent nickname for E!

I'm home from church this morning with Dogos, who has had a stomach virus this weekend. It's rare that I get to spend alone time with my youngest so I'm enjoying the morning with her. With a house full of 5 children, it's shocking that no one else has started puking yet. I won't consider us to be out of the woods until at least tomorrow morning. I'm praying no one else gets sick. This is the last week of school and it's important for us to all be there!

Today is my sweet husband's birthday. I'm making my mother-in-law's recipe of homemade lasagna. I made the sauce last night because it had to cook for nearly 3 hours, so I'm going to build the lasagna this morning. I don't know if I'm courageous or incredibly stupid for making this dish and then serving it to my husband and my in-laws, because my mother-in-law is an incredible cook. NO WAY can my lasagna ever measure up!! My husband is a fantastic cook as well, but I'm not too worried about disappointing him with my dish. I think he's so glad to have me cook something for him for a change, he'd eat a bowl of cereal if thats what I put in front of him. I'm looking forward to celebrating his birthday tonight with our family. I'll take a picture of the lasagna after its done and post it. Well, maybe. It depends on how it turns out! And whether or not I can figure out how to post a photo!

I have no idea what this blog will be or why I even started it. Just seemed like a fun thing to do, so we'll see.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: