Saturday, June 19, 2010

Drive-by update, so to speak

Good morning! Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. The Chef has been out of town and I plan to do a catch-up post on what all I've been up too, but for now I'll just say that we've been swimming, folding clothes, buying paint and summer camp supplies, tackling more home improvements, and a trip here:






Yes, a trip to the Emergency Room and the Chest Pain wing. My fabulous mother-in-law, The Pastor, was at the store the other day and began experiencing some pretty scary symptoms. She made her way home and called her oncologist. The Pastor has had ovarian cancer for 8 years and at this point I've lost track of which count of chemo she is presently enduring since she moved here. The nurse at her clinic was alarmed at the description of her symptoms and urged her to go to the ER immediately because it was very likely that The Pastor was having either a heart attack or stroke. The bad news is that she did, indeed, have a mini-stroke. The good news is that she feels fine, (relatively speaking) is already home, and will make some dietary adjustments and and another prescription or two to her daily intake. It was a scary several hours and I can safely say that we're all happy to have that experience behind us and to have her home where she belongs!!
I realize that it's Saturday again and I've yet to post last Saturday's The End. I've been holding out because I have some very exciting news of my own, and no, I am not pregnant again, so don't even let your mind go there.
Let's all take a collective deep breath...........
My very own Macbook was shipped yesterday and is on it's merry little way to Grandma Sandy's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you even stand it? I can hardly believe it myself.
Once it arrives and I figure out how to actually use it, I will hopefully finish up last Saturdays story, Saturday: The End. I have so many posts in my head that I can't wait to type out but I'm trying to be patient and save myself some time by waiting for my new friend, Macbook, to arrive.
In the meantime, it's 6:30 on a Saturday morning and you know what that means. I'm off to see what I can find here:



I'm hoping and praying that Tomato Lady and her Mister have some beautiful fresh tomatoes for me. If I get going now, I should beat the trendy beautiful people and possibly even some of the farmers!

Wish me luck!!


1 comment:

2 SISTERS the Queen and TWO said...

notes from QUEEN:
Wish I were there to have the delicious tomatoes that tomato lady and her sweetheart sell each week. We have NOT FOUND any here that have any flavor! You are so lucky to get the marvelous veggies too!
I commend you for rising early on sat. to make a trip to the Farmer's market. Filling up the freezer has got to have a good feeling- that is as long as the electricity doesn't go out with the heat pounding down on us like it has done this week and looks like more to come according to the weatherman. After all it is SUMMERTIME! what do we expect?