Friday, July 16, 2010

stuff

Hopefully I’ll be able to sit down and write a real post soon, instead of these quick updates. This week, my parents have been here for a visit while The Chef was out of town. They were only here for a few short days, but we managed to squeeze in some shopping, haircuts, and visits with The Pastor and The Gentleman.

I’m still putting the house back together. I had to take a few days off because after a while you just need a break. This is a big house with a lot of stuff so I’m not gonna kill myself trying to figure out where pictures, lamps, etc should go. It wouldn’t be that big of a challenge except I completely rearranged the furniture downstairs and switched the living room/dining room upstairs. The dining room was really tiny. As in, when we were all at the table, no one could get past anyone else. We were all squished in. The upstairs living room is a pretty good size. It’s where the kids play their video games and the little girls keep all their toys. The size of the room only served to provide more floor space for the little ones to leave all their toys, so I decided to switch the two rooms and the result is great! I really love it. Except that I have to figure out where to hang pictures and place “dust catchers” all over again. It’s kind of like just moving into a new house.

Today I have a new challenge ahead of me. I will officially make my first trip to my school to meet the new principal and attempt to work in my classroom. I say attempt because I’m taking 4/5 of my children with me so its doubtful that I’ll get much done. If I can at least get furniture placed, then I’ll feel like I’ve accomplished something.

Wish me luck. I’m gonna need it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your classroom. Call me! - I took a job at MRA teaching 1/2 day kindergarten. They called and I couldn't pass it up. Half day jobs don't come up very often. Now I have the best of both worlds. I can work for a few hours and pay for the kids' tuition instead of paying out of pocket and be at home by 12!

grandma sandy said...

That is awesome! You DO have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately for my brother he has to move all of your stuff again, haha. I actually got a lot done! Lala ended up meeting us there and she did all my bulletin boards! She just graduated with her teaching degree and is dying to fix up her own classroom. We can’t wait til she has her own room and I can return the favor.

Anonymous said...

I wish Lala could come help me with bulletin boards and other things! I am not excited about moving all that stuff again. I have two large built in shelves, so at least I can leave my big bookcases and other storage stuff at home. I also have huge storage closet - I am so excited about that!!!