Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fun field trip (forgive the lack of originality)

The post about Middle Man’s NOLA field trip will probably not get done until this weekend.
Today was our 1st grade field trip and I’m whipped!
We took 7 of our 13 1st grade classes to the Children’s Museum in Jackson today and it was unbelievably awesome!  The other 6 classes will go on Thursday.  The Boss’s class will be going Thursday so I’ll be chaperoning that one, too.
3 field trips in 4 days.
whatonearthwasIthinking?
Did I mention that I was whipped?
momsandteachersneverstopright?

As I was saying, the Children’s Museum was amazing.
I was SO impressed.
The facility alone was state of the art.
The activities in every rotation of the museum kept the kids fascinated and focused and having fun the entire time.  We were there for 2 hours and could’ve easily stayed another hour without anyone getting antsy.
It was completely organized and every single member of the staff “knew” how to talk to and handle kids.
If you’ve ever worked with children or accompanied groups on field trips then you know exactly what I mean!

Tomorrow I’ll spend the entire school day administering Level 2 dyslexia screeners.
I’m physically tired today but tomorrow I’ll likely be brain dead.
But before that I gotta get up a little early to enter grades into the computer.  Progress reports go out Thursday and grades have to be posted by noon.
I could do it tonight but I’m whipped.
Did I mention that already?!?
Tonight I’m grateful for a wonderful day in Jackson, MS at the Children’s Museum with my some of my favorite 1st graders in the world.  I’m thankful for the fresh experience of discovery in so many different ways today through their eyes.
I’m also thankful to be turning off the lights and shutting down this laptop. 
Grandma Sandy is off to bed!
Sweet dreams, everyone.  ;)


No comments: