Sunday, November 11, 2012

It’s been a beautiful fall weekend here in south Mississippi!
I opened up all the windows and enjoyed the fresh air all weekend long.
I love being able to do that!

Friday night, Peanut went to a birthday party for a friend and Guitar Boy went to the football game.   It was the first play-off game of the season we won! go Panthers!  and hopefully we’ll be headed to the state championships again in a few weeks.  

Yesterday Guitar Boy, Peanut, and Middle Man went with The Chef to a Men’s Breakfast at the church followed by a service day to get the church and grounds all spiffy for the upcoming holiday season.

Meanwhile, I stayed home with the little girls and did a ton of laundry.
I also have a confession to make.
I discovered that Lifetime was airing Christmas movies.
I’m afraid that I cheated on Thanksgiving a little bit by watching Crazy for Christmas and A Christmas Angel while folding 8000 loads of clothes and making supper.
I’m hoping that Thanksgiving will forgive me!

Today, The Chef, Guitar Boy and Peanut stayed after church for some meetings and for the youth to go rake leaves in the yard of an elderly church member.
I’m doing more laundry, sigh, while The Boss and Dogos are picking up leaves from the pool deck before they can get blown into the pool.
Fall is definitely in full force and I’m trying to keep those skimmers clean and be a little pre-emptive about more leaves in the pool!
Miraculously, the promise of a bowl of ice cream with sprinkles convinced them to happily collect leaves from around the pool and dispose of them!  YAY!

Middle Man and I are looking forward to a special day tomorrow.
It’s his Gifted class field trip and I took a personal day so I can join him.
Where are we going, you might ask? 

NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!

Yes, that’s right.  We’re headed to the beloved N.O. of LA.

First stop?


The world famous Cafe du Monde for beignets!

After we enjoy our beignets we’re headed to a Riverboat Cruise down the Mississippi on the Natchez steamboat!


It’s a two hour cruise and we’ll enjoy a Creole lunch.
Oh.  My. Word.
I can hardly wait!

I’m excited to spend the day with Middle Man.
I’m also excited to see some of my students from last year.
26 of my 48 students last year were in the Gifted class so I’ll see quite a few of them!  

It was a beautiful fall weekend here in south Mississippi and we enjoyed every minute of it.  I hope your weekend was a great one, too.

No comments: