Saturday, November 10, 2012

Home

I love where we live.

I mean, I really love it!

I love going out to get the mail and being greeted by these pretty girls in our neighbor's yard across the street.






I love going down to the barn and seeing the horses in the pasture that backs up to our property.


The kids love it, too!


 I’m pretty sure the horses don’t mind, either. 



I love having neighbors like PawPaw Bobby and his garden market stand.




I mean seriously.  The first time I stopped by there and read his note I thought, “You mean there are places like this that still exist?!?


Speaking of neighbors.........


...... allow me to introduce to you, Billy the Goat.

Peanut’s best friend, Cam, lives right around the corner from us.
Cam's Mom loves animals and has rescued several dogs, cats, a horse, and now Billy.  
I must admit that he does have a few bad habits.... 



....like jumping on top of parked cars and hopping up and down.

But generally speaking, he’s a pretty nice guy!
He greets me most afternoons when I drop Cam off after school.
Thankfully, he hasn’t jumped on my car yet.
I usually don’t stay parked long enough!


I love driving past the cotton fields every day.



Isn’t this field beautiful?
The fields go on and on, on either side of the road.
Cotton on one side, peanuts on the other.
It’s harvest time so soon these fields will be bare.  
I took this picture yesterday afternoon with my iPhone after saying hello and goodbye to Billy.
The sun was just setting and it was beautiful.

Don’t you agree?


I love having a barn....


...that affords me the ability to have chickens....



.....with plenty of space for them to free-range eating seeds, bugs, grass and other things that chickens are supposed to eat.


The chickens love the space and so do we.


There is plenty of room for the kids to run and play.
They spend time outdoors playing all kinds of games using their minds and imaginations.



Televisions and video games are off.




And they love it.

Horses?  Goats?  Barns?  Chickens?
Never in my life would I have thought I’d be posting about such things one day, proclaiming my love for them!

But I am one lucky girl to live in this place that is our home.  
Truly our home.
I know that I’m blessed and I try very hard to give thanks to God every single day 
for providing this home for us.


I’m also thankful for this man, here.
Our own PawPaw, whose hard work and careful planning helped to put us in this place that we call home.
We all still miss him so much.
I only wish he were here to enjoy it because he would’ve loved it, too.

Home is a wonderful place to be.


No comments: