Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful, thankful, thankful


It’s time to give thanks!

This morning, while I was in the shower, I thought to myself, “I love my job!”  Very rarely does a day go by that I don’t thank God that I get to work where I work and do what I do.  

I spent last year teaching 4th grade Language Arts.
Y’all, I was scared to death to walk into that classroom for the first time.
It ended up being a great experience.  I learned a lot about teaching, about myself, I fell in love with my students, was crazy about the administration and fellow staff.  But I just wasn’t in my element.  4th grade skills?  Just not my thing.
Plus, I really am just a little kid kind of person.

So it worked out that I could transfer to the primary school to teach 1st grade, my first love.  Available teaching positions in this district are extremely hard to come by and I’m so thankful to be doing what I love, with 23 little personalities who make me laugh every single day.
I try very hard not to take for granted that I’m able to do what I do and work where I work, which got me to thinking. 

November is one of my favorite months and Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday.  So, this morning while I was in the shower and saying, “I love my job!” to myself, I decided that for each day this month, I would blog about something for which I’m thankful.
Shortly thereafter, I saw several posts on fb by folks doing the same thing!  Yay!  My idea may not be original, but I think it’s a great idea!

Considering the fact that I haven’t blogged in 2 months, my goal to blog every day seems ridiculously overly ambitious.  BUT I aim to do it.  Even if it’s only 1 sentence.  I certainly have more than 30 days’ worth of things that I’m thankful for!




So, on this very first day of November.....




I’m so thankful that I get to look at these precious faces every morning.
I’m thankful for their cultural diversity, for their varied backgrounds, for their loving and supportive families, and for a principal who hand-picked each student for my roster and saw something in me that led her to entrust them in my care.

I’m thankful for my job!

What about you?  
                            

No comments: